Thursday, May 22, 2008

Wiiiiiide...

"Where the Ocean Meets the Sky..."
This weeks theme for Illustration Friday is "wide"... I feel as though I was somewhat lacking in vision with this one, (maybe a little 'wide' of the mark?..ahem, sorry) but at least it gave me a chance to play with textures and layers and effects and such. The waves were kind of fun to play with but the girl and the ship are somewhat lame. Oh well, we can't be fabulous all the time.
In other news, last weekend we went to the Country Music Hall of Fame and it became my first time walking around in downtown Nashville. So perhaps in the near future, there could be a non-art post!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the mood you created here, very tranquil. Very nice monochromatic by the way.

life without novacaine said...

Very pretty and soft! Like it alot!