Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Enough

"Up and Away" Digital
And then it occurred to her that she might not have enough ballast...
My brainstorm for this week's Illustration Friday theme of "Enough." It's not clear to me why "not enough ballast" is what I came up with, but what the heck. It is also a quiet ode to the hat I had been looking for for years, found in a men's store in Italy, and then tragically lost within months of its purchase. I have only glimpsed one other such hat, on a man in line at a Starbucks, whom I frightened by asking fervent questions about its origins. Apparently it was a gift from someone who had been to Italy...
I couldn't decide whether I like the picture better as day or night. Certainly during the day some of the details show up better, like the fact that I forgot to finish the edge of the balloon, but there's something kind of cool about the night one. I was initially thinking dusk-ish because I was going to decorate it with some christmas lights, but then I had already gotten carrried away with furnishing the baskets and decided that I needed to get working on other things today.


3 comments:

Shona said...

This is yummy!

:)

Anonymous said...

Night or day - I love them both!

Bella Sinclair said...

I love looking at fanciful illustrations, and this one is beautiful. Her upstairs library is great! Excellent colors!