Thursday, August 14, 2008

Beatrice in the Garden

"Beatrice in the Garden" Digital
This is the picture I made for my neice's second birthday. I'm sure she'll appreciate it later, I did make sure to give her a card with princesses and a castle that was much more fun to play with than a picture. G pointed out that the garden is more of a forest and that Beatrice might prefer something more rocky. I then pointed out that Beatrice immigrated to England when she was young and more preferred tea and gardens. At which point he noted that there are no forests left in England. To which I declared that all's fair in children's illustrations (because the mechanics of tea drinking was no doubt about to be brought into the discussion).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see more of Beatrice! Maybe she needs her own book.