Thursday, February 25, 2010

What I Did in Class, etc.

"Prison Fish" 8"x10" Acrylic on Canvas
So I tried another fish from G's collection of amazing underwater pics. I'm not as happy with it as I am the Moorish Idol. I think that the lighting came out good, but it's missing something. I'm considering making the fish bigger to have them fill the painting more. Hazel thinks I should add some more species to show that there are more fish in the sea...we'll see. I'll come back to it later.
I've decorated another one of the wood's not done yet, I think I'll add some more interest to the main flower.
"Barnacles" 8"x10" Acrylic on Canvas
This one I did back in December. It was intended as a quick, fun experiment with color that ended up being a 5 hour long study in barnacles. I might scan the photo so that you can see that I didn't just make it all up...just the saturation. It's based on a picture I took of tide pools in Seaside, OR.

No comments: