So Tuesdays are "business" days. "Business" includes such exciting things as billing, hassling people, finding jobs, and learning how to program (which is actually kind of more exciting). Today, while trying to work on pricing, I went back to one of my favorite design sites to find an article I remembered seeing in their "We Can Do It" series.
I found it amazingly helpful and checked out the contributor's blog and started skimming. Which is when I found her "Thing a Day" post. It seems like really useful dealy for me too, so I've decided to implement it. Here are my own rules that I've based on hers, laid out in public so that I feel more committed to them.
A thing a day:
- I will spend at least a half-hour a day doing something creative.
- It does not have to be a painting, in fact it shouldn't always be a painting.
- It does not have to be finished when I'm done
- It does not ever need to be done if I don't like it.
- I can substitute half an hour’s work on an existing project.
- At least once a week I will finish a project that can be posted on the blog and go into my portfolio.