Friday, May 7, 2010

Eh.

Seaside Sunset 12"x24" Acrylic on Canvas
So, I had no idea how this looked at all until I had stopped working on it and came back to it later. Overall, I think it's not bad. But the colors look to me like cheesy postcard colors. Like a picture that's been super-saturated without any regard as to whether or not the colors look good together. The couple in the front don't help with the cheesy-ness factor. But I didn't want to overcrowd it with more figures....All in all, I would not hang this on my wall. Well, I did mess with the colors a bit, and I think that what I want to go for is something more like this:
But I'll make the clouds lighter.
Here's my Art Class assignment from Sunday:
"Mom" Unmeasured Graphite on Paper

I also made this quickie, mostly to see how I could play with color in faces:
"Scared" 5"x5" Acrylic on Canvas

No comments: