Thursday, March 31, 2011

Somewhere in the Smokies/Done!

Untitled (so far) 48" x 24" acrylic on canvas
Last weekend, G and I went back to the Smoky Mountains with some friends. While doing a little bit of hiking, I started thinking about this painting again. I had started it last year after going to the Smokies in May...and got a little overwhelmed. But I was inspired after going back, brought the painting in to class and finished it up in one session. It is now hanging happily on our wall over the bed; I would show you but that would require some serious cleaning up action on my part.
It's 4 feet by 2 feet and I think I'm proud of it. But I can't really tell, I'm sort of blind to it right now. All I can see are little spots on it that I rather like and I ran out of little spots that really bother me, so it must be done!
Do those of you who can actually see it as a whole painting have any title suggestions? I based it loosely on a painting I took while hiking in the Smokies in May...

And, just for fun, here's a picture I took through the car's sky light. I like how the trees show up so well in the raindrops. It rained most of the weekend and a lot of the trees were bare, so it had an eerie, ethereal look in the woods.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
öner said...

very nice..