Thursday, April 15, 2010

Things of the Week

"Beehive" 12"x24" Acrylic on Canvas
So I started a new dandy in class and got most of it done while I was there. I've been working on touchups throughout the week. Soon it will be time to add the bees!
I also went and took some pictures so I could practice working with textures and patterns. I decided to start with some clover, but when I got the shadows in...well it looked too cool to keep going, so I cleaned up the lines, blackened the shadows and voila:
"Patterns: Clover 1" 10"x10" Acrylic on Canvas
I decided that it was maybe an even better practice in patterns if not textures and I've decided to do more. Yesterday, in fact, I finished up another one with a lesser zoom. I think I like it bigger, so I think I'll do a third that's zoomed way in...
"Patterns: Clover 2" 1o" x 10" Acrylic on Canvas

And I did a quick little wood block:
"Blue Block" 4"x4"

No comments: